The Advantages Of Having A Travel Checklist

If it is your first time to travel, the task of organizing everything can be very daunting. The tendency to forget or miss something is relatively high since you are still learning the ropes of organizing and arranging your own travel requirements.

I have been traveling for as long as I remember. I used to be a travel agent too so I prepare tour packages for my clients as per their preference. I normally do all the planning, cost analysis and comparisons and organizing using a checklist I developed. It’s just a simple file where you can write down your travel details, put the costs, add them all up and check the list as you progress with your planning. So far, it has helped me countless of times whenever I need to prepare complicated travel details.

There are advantages of using a checklist when you prepare for your travel requirements. Here they are:

Well organized planning – you won’t have any tendency to get overwhelmed as you see the plan in black and white. You get to arrange what is the priority.

Less probability of forgetting/missing out important stuff – arranging a travel itinerary or plan is really overwhelming. There are plenty of things to consider and if you forget one, the whole trip becomes a mess. Having a checklist will help you see your progress and avoid the mishap of missing out the most important details.

Easy to track and gauge your progress – when everything is written down, you have a clearer picture of how your travel planning is going especially with the money matters. When I don’t use my checklist, I have the tendency to go overboard by budget because I just mentally calculate. However, seeing the numbers right in front of me puts me in my place and a constant reminder not to spend too much on a hotel accommodation, tour package, and even souvenirs.

Printable and can be filed – if you’re like me who at this modern day and time still prefer the conventional way of carrying printed documents then printing your checklist is a good idea. I like to be able to manually check the ones I have finished and carry the checklist with me wherever I go, even at the Consulate where I need to apply for the visa.

I hope you consider using a checklist on your next travel. To make your life easy, I am sharing my checklist with you which you can print or save. You may download the file from my site. Just proceed to the sidebar with the header FREE CHECKLIST.

Please follow and like us:
  • Jo November 8, 2013 at 5:31 pm

I thin this would be of great help to me. I am a very forgetful person and most often than not, I forget one item or two. I end up buying them at a store near the place where we're supposed to stay. This will help me avoid wasting money. 😉

• papaleng November 8, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Good and helpful travel tips. I'll remember them if ever I have the change again to travel.

• Chubskulit Rose November 8, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I agree with you sis, it is a must to have a travel list!

• Chubskulit Rose November 9, 2013 at 3:21 am

Hubby is better with the traveling checklist than me hehehe.

• kulasa November 9, 2013 at 3:21 am

You are indeed a travel expert! Coming from you these lists are a must keep! On a lighter note I can't help but smile as I remember you being star struck months ago ☆. Happy weekend dear!♡

• Raya November 9, 2013 at 3:22 am

I agree, traveling is a lot more fun when it's organized. Saves you a lot of money too… although some people don't realize that.

• Anne Mary November 9, 2013 at 3:22 am

Uhmm I can used the travel list for our family vacation soon, thank you for the tips.

• mhie@travelentz November 9, 2013 at 3:22 am

I agree with you. Well-planned and organized is very important in traveling. I do all the things to be done before our holidays and I make sure to write down all the top attractions as hubby just say what else you want to see.In terms of our documents hubby always check before our flight.

• Jonas Labagala November 9, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Having a checklist is a big help especially if you want to visit tourist attractions and how much will it cost. It's better to be prepared like weeks before the vacation to give time to have an allowance to pay for the fare, food and "pasalubongs".

• Rcel November 9, 2013 at 12:37 pm

While having a travel checklist does pose a whole lot of advantages, I am one of those who actually don't have one. I should start doing this on our next trip. I think my being spontaneous is what prevents me from making one.

• Dhemz November 9, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Great travel tips! It's always important to get organize and have your travel plans ready when traveling.

• Fernando Lachica November 9, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Very good travel tips for people who value their enjoyment while travelling. Organized to make out the most of your travel.

• Fernando Lachica November 9, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Awesome checklist in travelling, that's what we called organized character.

• Jessica November 9, 2013 at 6:09 pm

That's a great list for when you are traveling with a group.

• Elisebet F November 9, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I love the idea of a printable checklist! I do make lists before traveling, but I still seem to forget things. I also try to pack most of my stuff a couple days ahead of time. Having a child just makes the process more hectic.

• nova hedges November 9, 2013 at 6:09 pm

This is very helpful, esp to those first timer who travel in a long distance. having a list means you'll have everything you need and even wants with you.

• Anna November 10, 2013 at 2:32 pm

A travel list is a must for travellers to ensure a smooth sailing and fun travel, and to make sure you dont forget any important itinerary that you want to follow for a particular travel.

• Algene November 10, 2013 at 2:32 pm

It's always good to travel with a check list, from the things to bring down to expenses. I'm glad there are now free printables for checklists 🙂 It's a big help for all travelers.

• Ria Cervantes November 11, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Thanks for your comments everyone. Please feel free to download the checklist. 🙂

• Tingting R. November 12, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I usually do not have a checklist, but I pack way ahead so each day I can remember something to include in my luggage.

• Peachy @ The Wandering Peach November 13, 2013 at 3:25 pm

This checklist is a really big help specially for first time travellers.

• Staci Luker November 14, 2013 at 5:14 pm

You are so right! Being organize helps SOOOOO much!!!

• Danielle @ We Have It All November 14, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Awesome tips. We always use a checklist!

• Kim Belcheff November 14, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Mabuhay! This is a great post. I always try to just plan while on vacation and it wastes a lot of time. Thanks for sharing. Visiting from http://www.heartofaphilanthropist.com Salamat, Po.

• Michelle Feliciano November 14, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I always keep lists whenever I do something. Keeps me on track.

• andrea November 15, 2013 at 5:38 am

good idea – for EVERYTHING – to be organized…