Summer has arrived! Lots of people are already on their way to their summer destination. However, for those who are still on the planning stage of their vacation get-away, it is wise to note some of these tips:
1. Go to a destination where the value of your “local currency” is higher than the destination’s currency (applicable to those travelling internationally).
2. Check Internet offers for great deals and discounts.
3. Stay on lodging houses or hostels if you are not the finicky type. If you are travelling with your family, there are youth hostels and bed and breakfast accommodation suitable for your type.
4. Be an early bird! Pay early! Sometimes, airlines and tour operators offer huge discount when you purchase your tickets or packages months in advance.
5. Avoid shopping if you can. The reason for your travel is to soak in other culture, enjoy the scenery and have fun in the local scene. Some trinkets or souvenirs are fine but leave your purchases to that and to your meals if you have to.
6. Stay with relatives. This is a great opportunity to save a lot of money by not paying for accommodation. This is a bit tricky though, it only applies to those who have relatives on other places.
7. Travel as a group. Airlines and tour operators always give discounts to large group travelling together.
8. Bring light and not easily perishable snacks. Cookies and those cup noodles can save you big time.